National Network of Lawyers and Law Firms
“Through our strategic network of experienced lawyers and affiliated firms from across the nation we’re able to seamlessly service client matters in cross section of industries including, but not limited to, government, transportation, energy, manufacturing, technology, insurance, automotive and construction.”
Felix Chevalier is an experienced Business & Government Affairs Attorney representing
Fortune 500 Companies in a cross section of industries. He is adept at facilitating
commercial transactions, structuring public and private business deals, and negotiating and
drafting contracts. Felix also serves as outside general counsel for emerging enterprises.
Some of his former and recent engagements include:
- Served as co-counsel on municipal finance transactions in excess of 3 billion dollars.
- Facilitated Energy Maintenance Services, USA’s due diligence, contractual drafting and the acquisition of a target company’s assets.
- Negotiated AT&T multi-million dollar contract to provide enterprise-wide wireless services for City employees.
- Handle Neutex Advanced Energy Group, Inc.’s corporate and contractual matters, including the drafting, negotiating and/or reviewing of non-disclosure agreements, memorandums of understanding with scientist for intellectual property, energy product agreement, master energy services agreement and financial instruments. Felix also serves on the corporation’s Advisory Board.
- Facilitated the formation of Night Light Pediatrics, P.A., draft and negotiate their non-compete/non- disclosure agreements and negotiated all of the commercial leases for their expanding urgent care facilities.
- Manages corporate matters for the Houston Arts Alliance, a non-profit organization for the advancement of the arts in the Houston region. Matters include the review and amendment of the corporate by-laws, negotiate contracts and review contracts.
Since the rapprochement of U.S.-Cuba relations Felix began representing U.S. based companies seeking to enter the Cuban market. He has been interviewed on Cuba related matters by the Houston Business Journal and Houston Chronicle. Felix has also provided commentary to Cuban focused publications such as Cuba Business Report, OnCuba and Cuba Magazine for his cultural connection and business perspective on U.S.-Cuba relations.
Felix, a registered Houston government relations professional, is skillful in educating and navigating corporate clients through city, state, and federal bureaucracies. Felix assists clients in addressing regulatory concerns and pursuit or protection of public contracting/procurement opportunities in a range of industries, including Energy, Transportation, Manufacturing, Construction, and Technology. Representation includes:
- Represented Southwest Airlines in obtaining city and federal government approval to establish an international hub in a large metropolitan area.
- Facilitated the modification of a proposed city water ordinance on behalf of USG, Inc., preventing adverse ramifications to its drywall manufacturing operations.
- Represented the Greater Houston Transportation Company in the enforcement of existing city regulations to ensure public safety, consumer protection, and industry
- Assisted ARAMARK in securing a multi-million dollar food services contract.
Felix’s civic engagement includes serving as a Member of Engage Cuba, a national coalition of private companies and organizations seeking to lift the U.S. trade and travel embargo on Cuba. Felix serves on the Board of Directors of the Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. He also served on the Greater Houston Partnership’s Government Relations Advisory Committee and International Trade Development Committees.
Felix received his JD from St. John’s University School of Law. He attended the State University of New York at New Paltz where he obtained his BA and serves on the Alumni Advisory Council. He also completed an Executive Education Program at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. Felix is licensed to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and Texas. He is also admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western District of Texas, as well as the District Court of New Jersey. Felix is a native New Yorker of Cuban descent and is fluent in Spanish.